* NO State Income Tax - Personal or Corporate
* Low Vehicle Registration Fees
* Easy Residency Requirements
* Low Vehicle Sales Tax of 4%
* No Wheel Tax
* Comparable Vehicle Insurance
South Dakota has a very friendly tax climate and is home to natural beauty of the like you won’t find anywhere else. Study after study ranks South Dakota as one of the best states in the Nation to live, posting one of the highest qualities of life. Take a moment and look at the numbers and read the story they have to tell.
SD is routinely ranked as one of the Nation’s best States in many categories.
- #1 Best states to retire- Bankrate Financial
- #2 Friendliest Tax Climate- Tax Foundation
- #1 Top State for Business- CNBC
- #1 Friendliest State for Entrepreneurship -Small Business & Entrepreneurship Council
- #1 in small business survival -Small Business Survival Committee
- #2 in Well-Being of its Residents
- Top 10 Pro-Business States Study- The Pollina
- #2 Best State for Business and Careers by Forbes
- Best Places to Live/Build Your Dream House, Black Hills SD- Men’s Journal Magazine
- Named Pocket of Prosperity- Business Week
The Michelson Trail in the Black Hills has been acknowledged for its access to car-free biking. Bikers enjoy the numerous burgs along the trail that boast ample lodging and eating opportunities. Starting in the northern Black Hills town of Deadwood, SD, the George S. Michelson Trail runs 98 miles through some of the prettiest country there is. This trail is great for all levels of riders and compliments the single-track mountain biking the area has to offer.
South Dakota is full of recreational opportunities. Our landscapes are some of the most beautiful in the country. A pleasant environment and an old western aire about it make it a favorite place to travel and visit.
SD is ranked #1 for Retirement by CNN Money. States were ranked by access to healthcare, quality of life, and bang for your buck.
South Dakota- Capture the spirit of America
South Dakota offers majestic granite spires, pine covered peaks and unique rock outcroppings. The Black Hills are full of scenery, adventure and rich history. With one of the largest concentrations of national parks, monuments and caves in the Midwest. The Prairies produce buffalo,, cattle, and crops along with fantastic open country for floura and fawna. The Missouri River cuts through the prairie grasslands and creates the massive Oahe, Sharpe, Francis Case and Lewis and Clark reservoirs. Capture the spirit of America when you live and travel in South Dakota.